Thursday, February 11, 2010

R's Observation of the Day

In the rocking chair, er, rocking, and talking, like we always do before I make him quiet down, put his cheek next to mine (cheeky cheek, we call it), lean back, and fall out.

Tonight: "I screamed at Grandma and Grandpa."
Mama: "Yes, you did."
R: "I screamed at Mama and Dada."
Mama: "You did, yes. That isn't good manners, is it?"
R: "That was a poor choice."
Mama: "Yes, it was, but Mama and Dada and Grandma and Grandpa love you and we are very proud of you. It's alright to get mad -- but it isn't appropriate to scream. It hurts our ears and it's rude."
R: "I love Grandma and Grandpa. I love Dada and Mama."
Mama: "You're so sweet. Do you love anyone else?"
R: "I love EVERYONE!"

Now that's admirable. Everyone? Who doesn't love the innocence of a child? I hope he loves everyone for a good long time.

No comments: